Funding Goals / Activities
Below you’ll find our funding goals for the Langham Primary School, our fundraisers helps us to raise funds provide fun and social experiences not covered by the school’s limited funding.
Langham Primary School would like each child to have use of a Chromebook instead of having to share, which is what they have to do now. This will offer children an independent, quality learning experience. A Chromebook is a laptop running Chrome OS as its operating system.
Chromebook secure charging cupboard (32 bay) – £1,140
Chromebooks x 32 at £229 each – £7,328
Total needed: £8,468.
All-weather daily mile track
A Dedicated all-weather Daily Mile Track to make our school’s daily mile more engaging, enjoyable, and safer than simply running around a field. The Daily Mile is an initiative to encourage school children to walk, run or jog one mile each day. This can be done in usual school wear, so no kit or changing time is needed.
Artist in Residence
We are proud that our school’s commitment to the arts was recognised by the Arts Council with the Silver Artsmark award. We want to support the school in their aim of providing our children with high quality provision in the arts.
- Artsmark re-accreditation £250
- Workshops in drama, art and music: £2000
- Art materials and resources: £300
More information coming soon…
Essex Year of Reading
Learning to read is at the heart of what primary school is about. We have well stocked class libraries and aim to keep our stock of reading books refreshed every year. FoLS is keen to support the school in continuing to develop the school’s reading resources. Our goals for this year are:
- Reading books for more confident readers in KS1:
- Decodable Readers Archives — Jolly Learning £150
- Collins Big Cats Primary | Primary English | Collins Big Cat KS1 Bands £400
- Books for older readers who need a bit of support:
- Class sets of reading books for KS2(16 copies of each text):
- Stig of the Dump
- The Boy at the Back of the Class
- Can You See Me?
- The Promise
- Primary class sets – Peters £316.16
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
It is vital that children get off to a flying start at school, and in Class 1, children have access to a wide range of resources and activities to support early learning development. This year, FoLS would like to support this by helping refresh and update children’s provision outdoors.
- 3 balance bikes Cruiser Lightweight Balance Bike | Trikes, Ride On Toys & Balance Bikes | YPO: £327
- Obstacle course starter set Obstacle course starter pack (23PK) | Physical Development | YPO: £227
- Weaving frame and painting window Mark Making Special Offer | Outdoor Mark Making | YPO £470
We hope you will get involved and support us in any way you’re able to… by donating your time or money at events, becoming a full committee member or volunteering to help us.
Past Funding Goals / Activities
2022 Easter Egg Hunt
Happy easter to all the children at the Langham Primary School. They all enjoyed a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt organised by FOLS in their house teams. The Dragon team were the fastest to return with all eggs.
A stunning centrepiece for the playground. Climbing, ramps as well as lots of excellent detail this pirate ship is brilliant for climbing, balancing, co-ordination, fitness as well as encouraging imaginative and social play.
Want to get involved?
Attend Meetings Offer Ideas Join the Committee Volunteer your Skills Donate
We hope you will get involved and support us in any way you’re able to.
Wether thats by donating your time, your skills, spending money at events or by becoming a full committee member.